The Economic Development Administration (EDA) awarded East Central Indiana Regional Planning District (ECIRPD) a grant to create a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) by formulating goals and enacting strategies to assist the regional economy while supporting the needs of the region’s workforce. To assure compliance with the EDA and related requirements, ECIRPD is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the provision of services related to the development of a 5-year Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the four counties in east central Indiana. Please note that Certified Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses are invited to submit Statements.
Description of Services Needed
The project includes the following activities:
- Assist ECIRPD with the creation of a community needs survey regarding the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the desired economic future for the region intended for distribution to residents and organizations across the four counties.
- Assist ECIRPD with aggregation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from community needs survey. Extrapolate data for use in a regional economic development strategy.
- Assist ECIRPD with identifying and contacting relevant regional stakeholders per EDA guidance.
- Facilitate 4-6 community meetings with relevant regional stakeholders regarding the desired economic future for the region.
- Assist ECIRPD with aggregation and analysis of qualitative data from community meetings. Extrapolate data for use in a regional long-term economic development and resilience strategy.
- Assist ECIRPD with the final creation and publication of written short, medium, and long-term Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy.
- Presentation of the CEDS
Type of Contract
ECIRPD will execute a lump-sum contract for these services.
Prospective offers should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and
- 24 CFR Part 85.36.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063.
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts
Rate of Qualifications
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications to determine that the
respondent is qualified and has relevant experience. Do not include a proposed fee as this is a
qualification-based selection process. The statement of qualifications should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- A list of references.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed”.
- A project timeline.
The statement of qualifications shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of evaluation.
Award of Contract
Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project (25pts).
- Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timeliness and cost control (25pts).
- Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm (25 pts).
- Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project (25pts).
If you are interested in providing the requested services, please submit an electronic copy of the Statement of Qualification to William Walters at [email protected] or a signed hard copy to East Central Indiana Regional Planning District, c/o William Walters, 1208 W. White River Boulevard, Suite 136, Muncie, IN 47305 to be received no later than 4:00 p.m. local time on Friday, July 14, 2023. Each Statement of Qualification will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. Interviews are expected to be held in late July. ECIRPD may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. ECIRPD reserves the right to reject any and/or all responses. ECIRPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The contract is tentatively scheduled to be awarded by the ECIRPD on or before June 30, 2023. Respondents may desire additional information, a site visit or clarification regarding the Statement of Qualification. If so, please contact William Walters at 765-713-7000 or [email protected].